1. Understanding where your revenues are coming from, and how they could be increased.
2. Are you taking full advantage of your most profitable business segment?
3. Are your margins in line with industry standards?
4. Are your expectations being met as it relates to your profit margins by business segment?
5. Can you review your financial data and know where you are overspending?
6. Can you compare the financial data between periods to identify areas of over or underspending?
7. Are you putting enough money back into the company to promote growth?
This article provides good tips on understanding your numbers.